You want to access websites which encounter mistakes because of the transmission line or IP address. This article will guide you how to access those websites by editing the host file in Windows.
Recently there are some websites which can not be accessed because of some mistakes. Besides, some software for watching TV can not be accessed because of the server mistake. This article will guide you the way to edit the host file so that you can access servers, websites more easily. Additionally, this artical will talk generally about common mistakes in editing this host file.
HOW TO EDIT THE HOST FILE
Step 1:* To open this host file, follow steps below:
- Method 1: Go to the setup drive of Windows (often the C: drive). Then, follow the path to the etc folder containing the host file: “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc”.
- Method 2: Go to the Start menu (on the bottom right corner of the screen), type the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc path into the Search progarms and find section.
-Note : Before editing, you should save the host file on the other folder in case you need back up
In the etc folder containing the host file, click to open the host file by notepad (as the following picture).
Then, add necessary parameters to the end of the file to change the host file.
Here we want to edit the host file to access the blocked facebook.
Add following lines to the end of the file
The host file after it is edited as follow
Then, Save it.
* SOME MISTAKES WHEN EDITING HOST FILE
- Can not save the edited file because it is not the Admin account.
- Some antivirus software prevent editing the host file
- Open the host file with the Administrator account.
- Close the antivirus software to edit more easily.
Hope that after this article you can edit and open the host file easily.